Minority Scholarship Program
What is the WMBA Minority Scholarship Program?
This Program was developed to encourage minority participation in the lending industry by:
- Providing financial assistance, encouragement and support to minorities who are interested in a career in the lending industry.
- Assisting and encouraging mortgage companies to recruit, train, and mentor scholarship recipients.
- With more minorities involved in providing lending services there will be an increase in the acquisition of by minority home seekers, which will help build stronger and more diverse communities.
Benefits of the Program
- One-year membership to WMBA, even if your organization isn’t currently a member (approx. $658)
- Discounted Annual Conference Registration only $49 (approx. $75 savings)
- Free admission to 2 WMBA Chapter Education Events per year (Max $50)
- Mentorship by the current WMBA Board of Directors for that year
- Black or African American, Asian American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander, American Indian and Alaska Native are all eligible
- Must be in the mortgage/lending industry. Ideally the applicant is new to the business, but all applications are welcome.
- Must be highly motivated
- Must have the intention to become more involved in the organization and all they offer
How to apply for the scholarship
- Complete the Minority Scholarship Application using the Word or PDF document and return to the address on the application.